Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mend

Chains locked around my black and blue wrists
Getting sucker punched with black and blue fists
Digging for the truth but the pain of lies persists
Just needing to find light among these pessimists
They keep dragging me down
They keep bringing me down
I try to catch a breath but the waves of hate are making me drown
Bloodied feet from the broken crown
Lying in the ashes of a city burned to the ground
Running until I can’t feel the ache no more
As nerves bust beneath the skin and down to the core
Keep running, running until my weary soul reaches the shore
I can’t fly now but I know one day I’ll soar
I try to reach beyond my reach, I reach up to the sun
The clouds are just still frames of every wrong that I have done
I grab a ray and hold on tight to a single battle won
Pull myself into the sky and shoot hearts out of my gun
Air from the cycle gets sucked into my being
I blink one too many times, can’t believe what they are seeing
Hope around the corner, light around the bend
I pray that if I pass tonight to Heaven my soul G-d will send
I search amongst the hands and hearts, searching for a friend
Find broken ties, lost hopes, and lies of mistakes I long to mend
But I can’t breathe for you, no, I can’t breathe for them
I can’t live for no one but myself and Hashem
Try to strengthen my being bust through the Earth with my stem
Tatter my clothing in grief, just rip through the hem

No comments:

Post a Comment