Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Battle

I try to climb the tree one branch at a time
Catch my breath, skin my knees, blood let’s me know I’m alive
Sprinting for the heavens trying to escape my crime
See the stream below hold my breath and take a dive
Because I know that even in the forest I can’t hide
The desert leaves my sins bare, bares my secrets deep inside
Even at my best I never really tried
I lock the door to my past and leave it all behind
No one knows just how I really feel
I drown in the hazy mist to try to block out what is real
I can’t help myself until I know the true deal
I put the wall up, the darkness I try to conceal
In this darkness I still try to find the light
In all of this wrong I still try to find what is right
Open my eyes because they’re blessed again with sight
Raise up my soul’s sword, now I’m all set to fight
It’s the battle of my life the battle of my days
It’s the battle to learn what’s right and to fix my ways
It’s the only way I’m gonna stand in the glory of G-d’s rays
Of holy righteousness and bathe in golden bays

No comments:

Post a Comment